Tool for executing XPath queries against FIM without going through it's web portal.
What it can do:
- run any xpath query against FIM (you can choose what attributes will be fetched; all are fetched by default)
- find objects by ID
- display results in grid
- display single object information in a dialog (double-click the grid row)
- navigate through references (click on the ID link)
- export displayed results to XML (this one produces the same results as FIM migration cmdlets: Export-FIMConfig / ConvertTo-FIMResource / ConvertFrom-FIMResource, read MSDN for more info)
- import objects from XML (generated by FimExplorer or FIM cmdlets) and show them in grid; this can be useful for "offline" analysis
- it is not required to run on a machine with FIM installed
It uses Predica.FimCommunication library
library under the hood. It is referenced as a Git submodule. So after you clone the FimExplorer repository make sure to also run "git submodule init
" and "git submodule update
" commands to download it!
This project mirrors the original project hosted on GitHub